Monday, July 18, 2011

The Way I See It - Episode 6

Episode 6
Welcome to my world.  Here is a glimpse into the way I see things. I laugh at inappropriate times.  I am prone to deep sarcasm.  I get irritated with things and that will often ignite a ranting speech that leaves me breathless.  My mouth filter is sometimes jammed in the off position.  I have strong opinions.   I am full of flaws.  I am a work in progress.  This is me.  Transparent.

I've learned a lot from Toy Story.  That brave Buzz Lightyear believed with all of his might that he could fly until that downer Woody came along and convinced him he couldn't.  Do you have a Woody in your life?  How long will you stick around until he/she convinces you that you can't fly?

Woody isn't all bad, so I'll cut him some slack.  I've learned a lot from Woody.  He did everything he could think of to go with Andy to college in Toy Story 3.  He couldn't see past the moment and believed life could never be the same without his old time friend.  Then, he realized that he belonged where he was and let Andy go.  Who do you have in your life that you're holding on to way past its season?  Maybe it's time to let them go.  

Mrs. Potato Head is a seriously devoted and loving wife.  She stands by Mr. Potato Head every step of the way.  Even when he loses limbs she still treats him like he is the most amazing man ever!  She waits patiently at home for him and helps to prepare him for battle, telling him to "pack his angry eyes".  Do you stand by your husband through everything?  Do you encourage him and help prepare him from the spiritual battle he may face each day?

Finally, Rex has a special place in my heart.  He is the huge Tyrannosaurus Rex who is bigger than just about everyone in the toy box, yet his confidence is as small as a pea.  His anxiety is through the roof and he is terribly afraid of rejection.  Who would have guessed by looking at him?  Have you ever judged someone by the way they look?  At the end of the story, after encouragement from his friends and opportunities to prove his ability, Rex gains his confidence and even believes he could play the role of the dominant predator!  Wow, what a turn around!  Who are you encouraging these days?


To Be Continued....

2 comments: