None of them seem to fit well enough. None of them have everything I want. None of them seem worth their high price.
So, when I was asked to do a review for The Ultimate Homeschool Planner and The Ultimate Daily Planner for Students by Debra Bell I was thrilled.....but, leery. I wanted so bad for this to be THE ONE. The planner I would fall in love with and live happily ever after with (well, at least until my son graduates). Was I disappointed? Well, let's see.
The Ultimate Homeschool Planner had to offer me. Here is what I found.
- Pockets for storage on the inside and back covers
- An at-a-glance calendar that went all the way through 2016
- An information page to record children's names, address, phone number, etc
- Table of Contents to help me find what I need easily
- User's Guide 11 pages long! It's filled with tips on planning, organizing, and sample schedules. For the visual diva inside of me, Debra even included pictures! Let the angels sing!
- 2 full pages to record your students' Character Goals and Academic Goals
- Family Priorities page
- Resource List spanning 3 pages
- Monthly Planner spanning 23 pages with fill in your own date option!!! Woohoo! Start this planner at any point in the year and you won't feel like you are wasting pages with pre-dated calendars! Each page hosts an inspiring Bible verse and an encouraging quote with a notation space to record whatever you want....goals, dreams, field trips, family events, etc.
- Weekly Planner spanning 191 pages! Lots of space to plan the details. There are spaces for Bible Plan, Battle Plan, Prayers, Hospitality/Outreach, the week's Memorable Moments and Achievements, and Evidences of Grace. What a beautiful way to record the homeschool journey!
- Records & Grades across two full pages allow you to record each subject and any test, quiz, project, or homework scores
- Reading List to record books, authors, and genre
- Field Trip and Outside Activities pages to record all of your fun and educational homeschool events
- Teaching Tips for 6 pages! Everything from motivating the reluctant reader to learning styles and thinking skills.
- A special section just for high school planning
- A Year End Review section to summarize your school year
- In case you weren't paying attention and didn't account for some of the pages I didn't mention, that is 263 pages.
Now, let's move onto The Ultimate Daily Planner for Students. Debra Bell also offers The Ultimate Weekly Planner for Teens, but I picked the other one because I thought it would fit my son better. We'll switch to the one for teens next year when he is in 8th grade. OK, the planner for students is much smaller and measures about 9x7. Did I like this planner just as much? Well, let's see what it has to offer.
- Clear, thick plastic inch and centimeter ruler
- Information page to record name, address, e-mail, phone numbers, and courses
- 4 pages of About Me, My Future/I Want To Be, Personal Goals
- 6 pages of Study-Smart Tool Kit filled with tips
- 21 Monthly Planner pages....once again, fill in your own dates! Woohoo!
- 95 pages for weekly assignments with each day of the week in it's own row. There is a space to check when the assignment is done and when it has been checked. Each week has a Bible verse and a history trivia Q&A. There is also a place to check that the student has had some quiet time....reading, praying, or just sitting quietly with his thoughts. Oh, how important this is.
- 2 Pages to record Grades for each test, quiz, project, etc in each subject
- 4 pages to record a Reading List and Activity Log
- 2 pages to record a 6 week Active Lifestyle Activity Log
- 22 pages that include the following: Timeline of US & World History from 500BC-2009, US Map with State Capitals, Map of the World, Scientific Method Diagram, Charts of US to Metric Conversions and Multiplication & Division, Measurement Equivalency Chart, Fraction/Decimal/ Percent Chart,Guide to Punctuation / Italics / and Capitalization, Guidelines for Good Writing, Recommended Middle School Reading List, Greek and Latin Roots , and Notes
- A pocketed page with an at-a-glance calendar through June 2015.
- 2 sheets of stickers for the calendar
Debra gave us a link to a flyer that gives some more detail about the planners. Here is the LINK. There are also some great pics on that flyer.
Well, that's the scoop! I am so happy to find my true love planner LOL I'm willing to share with you though, so go get one.