There, I said it. I am glad God gave me blue eyes.
Now, my eyebrows are another story LOL. I have not plucked them in over a week because I'm preparing for my brow wax, so cut me some slack on the pics. Don't judge my temporary bushy brows.
On to the highlight of this review. Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes by Younique.
The 3D Fiberlash Mascara is just a simple three-step process that combines Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers to help create the appearance of incredible thickness and volume to your existing lashes. They are NOT false lashes. They are your own! The fibers are natural…made from Green Tea Leaves, hypoallergenic and safe for contact lens wearers.
Here is a pic of my eyes through the application process....
You can see in the first pic that I don't have barely any lashes. Well, they are there, just very light. I am definitely in need of some mascara. The pic that shows me wearing my own mascara is what I look like almost every day. I wear eye shadow and/or liner occasionally. This mascara is the same brand I have been using for about 15 years. The company is well known and I use all of their makeup and skin care products.
Since I was given this product to try in exchange for my honest opinion and review, then that's what I'll give you. Here are my 2 cents.
- The fibers are black and that is what I prefer. I have tried brown mascara before and it does nothing for me. However, I have friends and family who will only use brown. Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes do not come in brown. This is something Younique may want to consider.
- The two step process comes in a cool case and includes a full color pamphlet with information about the product, easy to follow steps, and tips for a better application. The case made me feel fancy.
- I wear contact lenses some of the time and when I tried an application with my lenses in I did not experience any discomfort or irritation.
- For my every day look, I honestly prefer my own mascara alone. I found the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes to be too thick and heavy feeling for my personal taste. But, if I were going out or dressing up and wanted a more glamorous look then this product would definitely turn up my glam a notch.
- By mid-day, I would start to experience clumping and flaking. The first time I thought it was because I hadn't put on enough of the Transplanting Gel after applying the Fibers. But, I experienced the same thing after another application where I was much more liberal with the Transplanting Gel. Here is a pic of me about 6 hours after applying and taking the pic in the above triple photo. You can see that my lashes were clumping up and needed to be combed and some of it had flaked off and started smudging under my eyes. This is not a look I like and, for me, that was the deal breaker.
- I am told this product will last up to 3 months. This may vary some depending on how often it is used. Three months is the typical life span of any mascara, so this is comparable.
- This product retails for $29, plus tax and shipping. When I put one into the cart on the website, it showed shipping to be $5.50 in the US. So, expect to pay at least $34.50 for this. Personally, I think that is pretty expensive for a lash enhancer. This is not something I would purchase for myself considering my budget.
- This product would be excellent for anyone in the performance industry, like dancers or actors. This will definitely give you the effect needed to get your eyes to pop from stage!
- One of my favorite aspects of any respectable company...a great guarantee. So, you can try it and love it, or try it and get your money back. Check out their Guarantee Details Here.