Rufus and Ryan is a new series of pre-school board books by Kathleen Long Bostrom. Currently in the series is Rufus and Ryan Say Their Prayers and Rufus and Ryan Go to Church.
In Rufus and Ryan Go to Church, 4-year-old Ryan is explaining to his stuffed monkey, Rufus, what to expect when he goes to church. He lets Rufus know when it’s time to sing and to pray and to be quiet. The tender text and the beautiful illustrations are a loving setting to this story. This board book is the perfect size and word-length for children, ages 2-5.
We have a dear friend, Becky, who loves going to church and worship. My son, Matthew, read this book to her and she just loved it!
Becky has Down Syndrome, but my son, Matthew, says she just has an extra love chromosome. So, as you can see, Rufus and Ryan Go to Church is not just for pre-school children. This book can be loved by many...
- Children's Ministry workers
- Older children with special needs
- Pre-school and Kindergarten teachers
- Perfect for a birthday gift or a baby gift
In the spirit of Rufus and Ryan Go to Church, I'm excited to share ten tips for introducing your child to worship.
- Attend a child-friendly church.
- Bring your child to church on a day other than Sunday morning.
- Take home a worship bulletin to go through the service at home.
- Play "Let's go to church" at home.
- Read the Bible and pray at home.
- Sit near an aisle or in a place where you can make an exit if needed.
- Be prepared with a worship notebook or bag.
- Teach basic church etiquette.
- Get to know the pastor.
- Don't give up!