Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Little Glimpse of God's Creation in My Own Front Yard

Last June, the Lord blessed us with a house!  We had been praying and dreaming for so long to be able to buy a home.  We knew that, in the Lord's timing, it would happen.  There are so many things we love about our new home, but there is one that strikes me sweetest.  I waited with great anticipation for February to come.  I knew that the large Camelia tree in the front courtyard of my house would bloom beautifully.  And it did!  Enjoy the pictures of God's lovely creation.

As more flowers bloomed, more bees came.  Normally that would frighten me.  But, the bees seemed to be friendly!  They were busy gathering the nectar and only stayed at the tree.  I would sit at my front window and watch them at work.  My cat seemed amused by them too!


It's now almost mid-March and many of the flowers have died or fallen, but there is still a beautiful hue of pink outside my front window.  I loved seeing the pile of pink petals gather beneath the tree.  It looked like pink snow.  When all the flowers are gone, I'll wait, yet again, for my February bloom next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment