Friday, December 5, 2014

Lumo Project The Gospel of John Movie Review

Jesus is the Word of God made human.

This is John's account.  The Book of John points us to the miracles and the teachings of our Savior.

Here is a small snippet of what The Lumo Project is, taken from their website.

The Lumo Project is a ground breaking, multi-language biblical film resource transforming the way we discover, study and engage with the life of Jesus through the four New Testament Gospels: redefining the standard of visual Biblical media. 
The Lumo Project presents four films – one for each Gospel account – that will revolutionize the way we all experience the story of Jesus and the world of First Century Palestine in which he lived.

I had the opportunity to watch the full length film, The Gospel of John, from The Lumo Project.  I wasn't sure exactly what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised.   Being a multi-language film, I was able to choose between NIV, KJV, and Spanish.  I chose NIV.  I could have sat with my Bible opened and followed right along!  It was word for word, no fillers and fancies.  Just the beautiful Word of God.  But, as I listened, I was taken on a visual journey through the account of the Book of John.  The scenery was amazing and I really got a sense of the true time.  As silly as it may seem, I was happy to see Jesus portrayed as an average looking man, with dark hair and brown eyes.  Where do these other modern day films get the idea that Jesus had light brown hair and blue eyes and belonged on the cover of GQ?

Do you have any idea how easy it is going to be for YOU to see this film?  Go to Netflix.  Shabam!  There it is starting December 1, 2014.  Pop the popcorn and gather the family.  This is something for all to see.

Get in on all the talk and info for this life-giving film.  

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of these films but I will investigate. Thanks for the honest recommendation. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete