Thursday, September 5, 2013

What's For Dinner? ~ Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Here I go again. 

I'm hiding the vegetables.

This is my M.O.

Yumalicious Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Burgers.  Yup!  I'm going all gourmet on you.  Let's gather our ingredients:



1 lb ground beef
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 package of frozen chopped spinach (10 oz), thawed, drained well, and dried
1 Cup shredded cheese - I used a combination of mozzarella and sharp cheddar
Variety of garnishes - onion, tomato, lettuce, etc

Now, here is where it gets complicated.  Mix everything in a bowl, except for the garnishes.  Press into 4 patties.



Take a break.  That was hard work!

Fire up the grill or broil these in the oven.  The cheese and spinach add amazing moisture and texture!  Serve them on fancy buns...LOL....we used french hamburger buns from the bakery department.  Top with all your yummy veggie garnishes.  Some yummy pairing ideas are....sweet potato fries, garden salad, or mac n cheese.

These also freeze well!  I made a double batch and froze 4 patties.  We will enjoy them next week for a quick and easy meal.






1 comment: