Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Way I See It - Episode 4

Episode 4
Welcome to my world.  Here is a glimpse into the way I see things. I laugh at inappropriate times.  I am prone to deep sarcasm.  I get irritated with things and that will often ignite a ranting speech that leaves me breathless.  My mouth filter is sometimes jammed in the off position.  I have strong opinions.   I am full of flaws.  I am a work in progress.  This is me.  Transparent.

I have found that the people who complain most about drama, make the most drama.  It's as if their favorite drama is complaining about drama, so when the drama meter in their life starts to get low they just make more.  I love my drama free life.


I am grateful for my ever loving God.  When something happens in my life that I think will bring me deep sadness and then it doesn't, but instead it brings me great relief I have to turn to my Father and say "Amen, that you know what's best for me more than I do!"

I love when my son will stand by something he believes to be true with such conviction (respectfully though) even when I am certain he is wrong.  If you have seen my previous post you know that our latest game craze is Bananagrams.  We were playing and I noticed that he placed the "word" vip.  I said, "Vip is not a word."  He was so insistent that it was!  His eyes were wide, his voice was firm and precise.  So, I asked him to tell me where he heard it or find it in the dictionary.  He said, "I see it all the time on the computer or TV.  Signs that say Vip Access."   LOL!  I had to laugh out loud!  I popped his little balloon when I had to tell him that it was VIP - short for Very Important Person.  Fortunately his sense of humor made him laugh along with me.  We then decided to turn our game into only the use of silly words, which he proudly began to spell "wuss", "turd", and "fart".  I love my silly little man!  We should all take his example and laugh at ourselves a little more. 

To Be Continued....





2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!!!! Drama Free Rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Amen! It's so amazing to be able to trust in God and not let all this stuff get you and yes, have the ability to laugh at ourselves. How freeing it is to realize we aren't perfect OR the center of the universe.

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete