Just about every subject suitable for 2nd-7th grade is touched upon. Here is a list of what you will find...
- Encourages independent thinking and discovery
- Includes bible reading with each lesson
- Includes a "Digging Deeper" section for older students which has suggestions for further research, writing, and advanced resources.
- The Teacher's Manual has a clear step by step layout for each lesson. That's a must have for me.
- Each lesson takes about 2 hours to complete. This can be done for one day or spread out over the week. Additional activities can be done to go deeper into each subject though so a family could spend much longer on the subjects they are particularly interested in.
- Each lesson provides a variety! Students will read, sing songs, do activities/experiments and do notebooking.
- Each lesson starts with a list of supplies or resources that would be needed. I love that!
- Each lesson ends with review questions. I love this too! I'm a tester. I can't help it. So, these review questions can be used as the test I give for that lesson. If you aren't a tester, then you could just use the review questions to recap the lesson along with your child.
- "Evolution Stumpers" are a part of each lesson. These equip students with the knowledge to defend their faith and understand more fully that God is the Creator of all things
- At $29.95 it is extremely reasonably priced!
- It can be easily adapted to fit multiple ages within the same family or group.
- It does not cover any physical science subject matter
- The outside cover was not at all appealing to me or my son. Both of us thought it was very old fashioned looking. I showed just the book cover to several friends who were not familiar with Eagle's Wings and when I asked them when they thought this book was from they all responded "sometime in the 70's or 80's".
- It is all in black and white which we are not accustomed to for a science program. We would have liked some color.
- Many of the notebooking pages were not of good copy quality so much of the details in the pictures were not clear.
- We did not like the audio CD. My son thought it was really "baby". The songs sounded like nursery rhymes to him. But, I can definitely see how younger children would very much enjoy the CD.
Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how we used the product within our family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.