heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you.
Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."
- Pray daily and spend time in His Word
- Prayerfully make decisions that effect my time
- Allow myself to say NO if I don't believe that what is being asked of me is God's will for me
- Prioritize my roles in life - Daughter of Christ, Wife, Mother, etc in that order
- Delegate. I don't have to do it all myself. It's OK to ask for help
- Be cheerful in my serving. Just as Christ asks me to be a cheerful giver, He asks me to be cheerful in my heart. Proverbs 17:22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
- Train up my child in the way he should go. That includes being a part of the team, which is our family. There will be chores taught and responsibilities assigned. I taught my son how to do his own laundry when he was 9, he is capable of making his own meals if absolutely necessary, he has a checklist of his chores to be done every day plus his karate and guitar practice. These are just a few things that I don't have to think about and nag about in my day. That makes us both happier.
- Make time for fun and family
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night. You may be able to survive on less, by God made me for 8 hours of sleep. Mamma gets grumpy when she doesn't get her sleep. So, I'll get to bed earlier so I can still rise early.
- If we don't get through every lesson, experiment, book, or project planned for today, the world will not end. I will not ruin my child if we get a few lessons behind.
There's more, but this surely gives you a glimpse into my goals. I say goals because I fall short of perfection regularly. That is why I have to remember to go back to the first one every day - pray daily and spend time in His Word.
Just as the sun will set each evening on my long and full day, the sun will rise again and I will be given a new day. I love the "re-dos", don't you?
HERE. Don't forget to leave them a comment. We love comments!